About Rose Quartz Healing Properties And Everyday Uses- A Beginner's Guide
Jun 09, 2022
Certain crystals have been used for centuries due to certain beneficial properties that they possess. However, even within the world of healing crystals, some gemstones are more powerful than others. Let’s take a look at Rose Quartz, a popular crystal that has tons of benefits.
For the sake of the budding gemologists reading this article, Rose Quartz (also known as hyaline crystal) is a hard crystal of the quartz family. Pure quartz is typically transparent, however, Rose Quartz possesses a characteristic pale pink to rose red hue due to the presence of trace amounts of titanium, phosphate, iron, aluminum, or manganese. The stone is commonly mined in Madagascar, Japan, Brazil, and the USA.
What Does the Crystal Represent?
In the practice of healing crystals, Rose Quartz is also known as the stone of universal love and compassion. It represents different kinds of love including familial affection, friendship, romantic relationships, and even self-love. The stone is closely tied to the Divine Feminine, mythical figures such as Aphrodite and Adonis. It is also associated with the spiritual number 7, the zodiac signs Libra and Taurus, as well as the planet Venus.
Rose Quartz is also closely related to the Heart Chakra, which also explains why it is commonly referred to as the Heart Stone. The Heart Chakra (also known as Anahata or the Fourth Chakra) is closely associated with the traits of empathy, love, joy, forgiveness, compassion, and inner peace - in other words, our ability to love and be loved. The Heart Chakra is located at the center of the chest, just above the heart, and acts as a bridge between the upper Chakras (Throat, Third Eye, and Crown) and the lower Chakras (Root, Sacral, and Solar Plexus).
Rose Quartz can be used for more than just expressing affection in the hands of one who knows how to harness its beneficial properties. It can be used to heal old hurts, create bridges of communication, enhance compassion, foster emotional control, promote empathy, and create healthy boundaries within different types of relationships.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the popular uses of Rose Quartz crystals.
- Enhance Feelings of Affection and Compassion
For centuries Rose Quartz has been used to display different kinds of affection. It can be used to enhance the bonds of love between lovers, family members, platonic friends, and even colleagues. This will manifest as feelings of cooperation, understanding, forgiveness, and genuine concern about the well-being of those within this circle of love and even outside it.
- Help Promote Forgiveness
Attaining true forgiveness and healing old hurts can be extremely difficult. Sometimes it can seem like the scars on our hearts last longer than those on the skin. Rose Quartz crystals can be used during meditation to m promote healing and forgiveness. It encourages those struggling with feelings of resentment to find the power within them to forgive and find true peace.
- Builds Better Communication Channels
A significant number of people have issues communicating feelings of love and affection to those who they truly care about. The Rose Quartz stone functions as a bridge that helps connect individuals and find ways to express the affection they feel for one another.
- Can Be Used As a Healing Crystal
Rose Quartz is also commonly used as a healing crystal, especially for individuals who are dealing with issues concerning their circulatory system like their blood, heart, and blood vessels. It can be used to boost metabolism and enhance the flow of blood through your body, leaving you feeling rejuvenated and healthier. It is also protective against blood clots, heart attacks, and arrhythmias.
- It Is Great For Meditation
The Rose Quartz stone is also a great meditation and visualization tool. The stone can help you connect with higher planes of understanding and achieve greater insights. The harmonic vibrations it produces are tightly linked to the Feminine Divine and can help you draw from the Goddess Energy which flows through all living things.
- Dispels Harmful Energy and Toxins From the Environment
The Rose Quartz crystal can also be used as a warding stone to protect yourself from negative energy, toxins, and harmful radiations such as EMF waves from electronics, cell towers, and higher voltage electrical cables. The stone can be kept in places you spend a significant amount of time or buried near sources of these harmful waves.
- Rose Quartz is Great For Fertility
Rose Quartz is a powerful stone for women who are seeking to get pregnant and is a great way to boost your fertility and libidoS it can also be used during the pregnancy to reduce the risks of adverse outcomes. After delivery, it strengthens the bonds between a mother and a child - the purest form of love.
- How To Use a Rose Quartz Crystal
Now that we know a few key benefits of the stone, let's take a look at some of the ways the stone can be used to achieve these perks.
- Place It In Your Home or Place of Work
Keeping a piece of the crystal in place that you spend a significant amount of time at is a great way to passively enjoy the beneficial energies that it gives off. This could include your home or workplace. Placing it at home or work is a great way to bolster the bonds between family members and colleagues.
- Wear It as a Piece of Jewelry
Rose Quartz is also a lovely semiprecious stone and can be used to craft a wide range of accessories like rings, bracelets, pendants, earrings, and so on. This is a great way to enjoy the benefits of the stone anywhere you go and enjoy an aura of peace, love, and positivity around you. The stone can be combined with other powerful healing crystals like Amethyst, Amber, and Clear Quartz to increase its benefits.
- Use It as a Meditation Aid
The gemstone can be used as a tool during meditation to enhance concentration and enable a deeper level of insight. This can be done by holding the stone in your palm and using it to focus the flow of energy both through you and around you.
How To Clean a Rose Quartz Crystal
It is important that you clean your Rose Quartz crystals regularly, at least every three months. This not only helps them retain their outward beauty but also cleanses and rejuvenates their inner energy. Let’s take a look at the safest way to clean a Rose Quartz crystal.
Step 1: Wash the Stone With Soapy Water and Rinse
Rose Quartz can be safely washed in water. Use lukewarm water mixed with a mild, organic soap to avoid damaging the crystal as Rose Quartz may react with some common chemicals used in inorganic soaps. Dip a soft cloth in the solution and use it to gently wipe away any dust or dirt which may have accumulated on the crystal surface over time. After this rinse the stone under clean running water and pat the stone dry with a soft cloth.
Step 2: Recharge the Stone
Cleaning a Rose Quartz crystal involves more than just ridding it of its outward impurities. It is important to also cleanse the stone of any negative energies it may have absorbed and recharge it with positive ones. This can be done in several ways.
- Using pure spring water: Immerse the newly cleaned stone in a clean bowl containing pure spring water. The stone should be left undisturbed for at least 24-48 hours. The longer it remains submerged, the more thorough the cleanse. However, avoid submerging the stone for too long as this can cause the stone to fade or lead to cracks in the stone. After doing this bring out the stone and pay it dry with a soft cloth.
- Using a saltwater solution: This is a popular alternative when a deeper cleanse is desired. However, placing Rose Quartz in saltwater for prolonged periods may cause the stone to fade or lose its polish, despite this shorts submersions are perfectly safe. Saltwater made from table water can serve, however, natural seawater is ideal. A tablespoon of salt can be added to a bowl of clean water and the crystal should be fully submerged for at least 1-2 days. After this take out the stone and rinse it in clean water.
- Let the stone absorb direct moonlight: Rose Quartz is closely tied to the concept of the Divine Feminine. The Divine Feminine is closely tied to the moon, a source of pure feminine energy. Placing the gemstone on a windowsill overnight and allowing it to absorb the energy of pure moonlight is another great way to recharge the stone. Avoid using sunlight, as this may cause the crystal to fade.
- Using incense: Simply ignite your favorite incense and place them around the stone for several minutes. You can also cleanse the environment around you and the stone as well while repeating words of affirmation, prayer, and mantras. Remember to perform this in an airy space and observe all fire safety protocols.
- Using brown rice: Brown rice has been used to cleanse and recharge crystals for generations. Simply bury the stone in a bowl of pure brown rice and allow the grains to absorb all the negative energy from the stone and leave it fully rejuvenated.
- Recharge it using other crystals: Certain crystals are known for their powerful ability to absorb negative energies from objects, including other crystals. Placing Rose Quartz in a bowl with crystals like Clear Quartz, Amethyst, Selenite, and Citrine.
To achieve the best results you can combine several of these methods.
How to Tell if a Rose Quartz Crystal Is Real?
Each individual Rose Quartz crystal is unique. No two stones have the same hue, cut, polish, blemish, or energy. Even with all these differences, some key features can be used to identify authentic stones from fake ones.
Observe the Stone For the Certain Physical Properties
Most fraudulent merchants typically replace Rose Quartz crystals with colored glass. Glass is lighter than Rose Quartz, so be suspicious if a large piece of Rose Quartz feels unnaturally light. Also, most crystals are not perfectly symmetrical and featureless. So any stone that appears flawless without any blemishes or misty spots is mostly colored glass. Crystals that appear too bright or deeply colored are also likely fake. Fake Rose Quartz may also contain air bubbles right under the surface, something that is never seen in real Rose Quartz.
Test the Hardness of the Stone
The hardness of the stone is another way to test its authenticity. Quartz stones are some of the hardest crystals. They have a score between 6.5 and 7 on the Mohs scale. For this test, glass is used because it is much softer than quartz. Glass is a type of apatite, which has a Mohs hardness of about 5. Therefore, authentic Rose Quartz should be able to scratch glass.
- How much does Rose Quartz cost?
This depends on your location and jeweler, however, Rose Quartz typically costs about $4-$7 per carat.
- Is Rose Quartz the same as a pink diamond?
No, pink diamonds and Rose Quartz are two distinct stones from different families of minerals.
- Is Rose Quartz a porous mineral?
No, Rose Quartz is not a porous mineral.
Rose Quartz crystals are stones of love, compassion, and healing that are meant to represent the bonds of love between every one of us. These stones can be used to build and maintain genuine connections, as well as heal broken relationships. However, remember to cleanse them regularly and use authentic crystals to achieve the best results.